Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What I'm Digging Now

Music-

Pau Casals, Bach Cello Suites
Rabih Abou-Khalil, The Cactus of Knowledge
Ray LaMontagne, Trouble

Books-

Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma


Movies-

Into The Wild Read the book, actually read all of Krakauer's books!
Stardust
BBC's Planet Earth

Food

Made a great St. Pat's-style meal over the weekend.. Sautéed kale w/ onions and garlic, Guinness creamed potatoes, and seared salmon with raisin & caper compound butter. In the continued spirit of St. Pat's/drinking in general, I made homemade Guinness ice cream for a friend's party on Monday.

Created a random dish last night, I'll call it sweet and spicy chili baked spare ribs. In my favorite cast-iron skillet, sautéed onions, garlic, and chili paste in sesame oil. Added soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, salt, pepper (black and cayenne), and sugar. Tossed the ribs in once the sauce was boiling and baked at 375 for about 1.357 hours. Finished too late to have any, but it was delicious with rice for lunch...and dinner..

No comments: